Christoph Fischer's Reviews > Rogue Genesis

Rogue Genesis by Ceri London

"Rogue Genesis" by Ceri London is a complex, highly intelligent and competently written Science Fiction / fantasy thriller. I don't often read Science Fiction and only let my curiosity get the better of me because several of my friends raved about this book. They were right to do so.

The story is based on a excellent idea: A man from Earth who kind of lives in two worlds at the same time.
The other world, Astereal, is in danger because the fragile balance of black holes holding it in place is coming loose. The concept of time folds, time warps, astral travel or whatever phrase you would like to use for this double excistence is highly original, fascinating and certainly unique. It made the story stand out from others in the genre just for that. With this creative set up, the subplots and the competent military/ technological writing it is impossible to find fault with this book.

Our protagonist, US Air Force Major Niall Kearey, is a splendid character with his own family life, deep thought and with - literally - A LOT on his overloaded mind. The way the author blends the telepathic fantasy side with more technological science fiction and fantasy is brilliant and made me think that maybe I should read scifi books more often. This is a far cry from repetitive and formulaic writing; this novel is innovative and therefore hugely rewarding.
It is also a gripping thriller, a family story and simply a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue Genesis.

Finished Reading
November 29, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Travis Luedke A beautiful review for a phenomenally epic novel.

Thumbs up Christoph!