Hooked On Books's Reviews > Dead Dreams

Dead Dreams by Emma Right

I loved this book! Its a young adult, psychological, mystery, thriller and it's book one in Emma Right's Dead Dreams series. Dead Dreams had me sucked in from the very beginning, I read it in about 8 hours between working and driving, its an absolutely fantastic story and I had no idea what was going on the whole way through, I think it sucks you in because it has you confused from the word go. When I started this book I did not expect to be this turned around by it, I barely slept trying to work out what was going on, it was that good!
It was very well written and edited and the characters were wonderful and really well thought out. Brie an 18 year old who has moved out of her parents home to gain some independence before moving away to college, needs a room mate so she advertises on Craig's List. She has a lot of duds before she comes across Sarah McIntyre a 20 year old, wealthy coal mining heiress who wants to be hidden away from her family, she offers to pay all her rent in cash and hands Brie two months rent before her interview is over, of course Brie thinks she seems normal enough and she can pay the rent so agree's to let Sarah move in. Brie should have listened to her mother when she suggested background checks on the people she was interviewing and she should have listened to her gut when it came to Sarah's eccentricities and odd behaviour. A lot of weird stuff happens and you will be left reeling at what happens and even what you think is going to happen. Its an absolutely amazing story that just proves you should always listen to your mother even if you think she's just being a mother hen! and Oh holy cliff hangers!!!..... as a reader you will not be happy at how the author leaves you hanging I know i'm not and I need book 2 ASAP!... really rather disappointed that the second book is not out until summer 2014! But I cant wait!!! 5 Stars, without a doubt!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Dreams.

Finished Reading