Alexis's Reviews > The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Oct 15, 2007

bookshelves: yum
Read in January, 1994

this was the very first book i read more than once (i'm a slow reader which means 1) i usually get a lot out of a book the first time since i'm reading every word and thinking about what i'm reading and 2) there are so many books! why would you go back to covered ground when there's so far to go and it takes so long to get there and maybe you never will!) so that's a fairly intense endorsement from me. i believed - as i think we all did - that the preface was true at first, and indeed that all the Morgenstern's notes "this was before Europe, but after Paris" were true too. it was great to be in that mythic place for a little while... because if Florin and Guilder existed then maybe Fezzick did too (Fezzick is the best in the book. and everyone's the best, so that's another dolup of high praise from me). anyway, it's a zillion times funnier and more poignant and addictive than the movie and we all know how great the movie is. if you haven't read it, your soul is a little bit smaller than it could be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess Bride.