Cindy's Reviews > Sweet Nothings

Sweet Nothings by Kim Law

bookshelves: arc-review-book-2013, books-read-in-2013

***I was given an ARC from Reading Bliss for an honest review***

I must say I really enjoyed this book. Sweet Nothings is the story about the relationship between Nick Dalton and Joanie Bigbee.I LOVED both of these characters, even though they both have a great deal of baggage. Joanie much more so then Nick.

Joanie Bigbee has lived in Sugar Springs all her life. Joanie has made a living out of building businesses and then selling them. Her latest business venture is a cupcake business. So one day a week, Joanie dresses in her go-go boots and travels around the town selling her cupcakes out of her van. Joanie is her grandmothers only relative in town and is responsible for her care. Her grandma Gi-Gi is in a nursing home. And Joanie is behind on her payments. For that reason they are threatening to throw Gi-Gi out if Joanie doesn’t pay the past due bill. So she propositions Nick to move into the old home they call The Barn, and repair it for sale. He can stay there for free, while fixing up the house. What she doesn’t plan on his falling for Nick. But with the Bigbee Curse, which Joanie believes is real, she won’t let herself love. She has watched her whole life as the women in the family fall in love, only to be left with a broken heart. She will NOT be that women EVER!!!

Nick is a contractor he is in Sugar Springs to get to know and spend time with his twin brother, Cody, who he never knew. Nick is hoping to get to know his family better. Connect with Cody and find their older brother. For unknown reasons their mother gave Cody and their older brother up for adoption, but kept Nick. While in Sugar Springs the last thing he expects to find is a women. Nick really falls for Joanie and not Just in a short term fling thing. He wants a future and he wants it with her.

These two characters were so attracted to each other. They had amazing chemistry. I LOVED watching them get to know each other. And watching them try to figure out where their relationship was going. The town folks cracked me up. I absolutely LOVED how there were no secrets in this little town. And those bets they placed HILARIOUS!!! Nick and Joanie were both interesting and likeable, and their story moved along nicely. And even though I hadn’t read the first book in the series I didn’t feel lost, and still enjoyed the story. I gave Sweet Nothing 4 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Nothings.

November 27, 2013 – Started Reading