Emily (Falling for YA)'s Reviews > The Professional: Part 1

The Professional by Kresley Cole

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, reviewed

**This is a review for an adult book (Fair warning YA Readers!)

I went in to The Professional with high expectations. I really enjoyed Cole’s Immortals After Dark series and love her YA Arcana Chronicles books. This was actually my first experience with a Cole story that didn’t have a supernatural element and I found the plot a little harder to believe because there wasn’t that aura of mystical surrounding it.

Natalie, the main character, has been searching for her biological parents for 6 years. She thinks she has hit another dead end and had her money stolen when Alexei Sevastyan (pronounced like Russian Sebastian) walks in to the bar she is at. After a whirlwind night Natalie is on a plane to Russia to meet her billionaire mafia father.

The romance in this book took a turn for the 50 Shades of Grey early on. Natalie is a virgin and Sevastyan warns Natalie that his passion for her is dark, deep, and his tastes aren’t something she will enjoy. The scenes between them were hot and Cole definitely added her signature steam to everything but I kind of felt like I had read this plot before.

Despite the feeling of familiarity Cole makes the story her own and I liked Natalie, she is smart and college educated. I even reluctantly liked Sevastyan despite his hot-cold-hot again feelings toward Natalie.

Overall, I enjoyed the first installment in The Professional serial. I’m interested to see what happens between Natalie and Sevastyan during the rest of the serial, and I want to know more about Natalie’s father and his business. This is definitely worth $1.99 and if you are a fan of Cole’s other works you will not be disappointed by The Professional.

Thanks Pocket Books and Netgalley for allowing me to read an advanced readers copy of this title

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Professional.

November 27, 2013 – Started Reading
November 27, 2013 – Shelved
November 27, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 27, 2013 – Shelved as: netgalley-edelweiss
November 28, 2013 – Finished Reading
April 2, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Brunette Librarian I loved this one - loooooved loved loved it. Totally agree, can't wait for the next piece of the story. :)