Rach's Reviews > Stardust

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Nov 11, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: ebook, book-becomes-movie, book-club, challenge-10-spring, 2010, nerdfighters
Read from March 25 to 28, 2010

Very flowing and easy to read. Kind of felt like a pebble, skimming along the surface. This was my pick for our book club, and I'm happy to have read it. I was slightly disappointed, however, when I started reading and realized I HAD seen the movie, though I previously thought I hadn't. Luckily, the book is quite different from the movie in many ways, and so it became easier as the book went on to tune the movie out of my head. The characters were interesting and likable, though perhaps a bit shallow. It seems like there was so much more to know about them, and we just weren't told. Gaiman could fill up several more books with Tristran and Yvaine's adventures, as well as the history/workings of the whole mysterious Castle group, and I would happily read them. I love the slow, natural way Tristran and Yvaine's relationship developed. At some point, it just seemed inevitable that they were going to be together. In the end, I liked the story and the writing, I just couldn't fully shake my self-induced disappointment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stardust.