Jane R's Reviews > The Seacrest

The Seacrest by Aaron Paul Lazar

I'm always eager to read love stories from a man's point of view. I think that a man should write the male characters POV because who better would know what the male was thinking, than a male himself? And since love stories are commonly written by female writers, it's rare to get ahold of a well male-written romances.
I loved everything about the main character,Finn McGraw. He seemed human. All that rage he held for his brother Jax and then feeling bad for hating him. Plus everything that's happened to him, all the things he was forced to deal with... I wanted more than anything for things to work out for Finn.
I liked how Lazar had the book laid out. Every other chapter is present time and the other chapters explained the story, in the past, of Finn and his first love, Sassy. He timed all of the events perfectly for the climax and finally for the end.
Why I gave this book a fine 4 instead of a fantastic 5 is because Lazar didn't quite get the sexual scenes on point. And to be honest this is where a female writer might be handy. But other than that the book was great!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seacrest.

Started Reading