Sharon Martin's Reviews > Awakened Love: More Love Poems

Awakened Love by Kanta Bosniak

The unique random uplifting poems continue in this second book from Kanta. Her words are fun, happy, soulful and spiritual helping you to recognise the true you, your deep rooted inner you with cleverly worked triggers of simple subtle words in poems. They trigger happiness and love and you find yourself smiling as you read, you can even find some touch your heart, as the title suggests they try to awaken the love inside.

I found this book a little more focused yet still gentle and soothing. The overall message I found to be is to be yourself as you are, not as you think you should be, love yourself and those around you, slow down and enjoy the life of love we have in the moment. The simple free hand drawings from Kanta echo this, sometimes a very simple image creates the most intense meaning. Quotes and phrases, selected by Kanta, also accompany the book throughout.

I have plenty of favourites such as Mirror Heart but the one most closest to my heart was Porcupines and Otters. A wonderful thought provoking book that can be enjoyed by so many.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened Love.

Finished Reading