Trey D's Reviews > Killing Mr. Griffin

Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan

Nov 10, 2009

Read in January, 2009

The book I read was a little easier and the reason I chose it was because intricate plots and twisting action throughout most books can lose me and have me just staring at the page. This book had great character descriptions and during the story their descriptions suited them well as they story progressed. The main action was during the middle of the book and the plot was easily understood, (especially for a terrible reader), but despite its clarity and its extricating plot the author should’ve stretched it out further towards the end. Duncan, the author, developed her characters during the book very efficiently. One of the main characters that are known thought out the story, is one example of her ability to develop her characters. When the plot was around Mark, it seems to be revolving around him single handedly. This was sort of a problem because the main plot was about Mr. Griffin who in the end was sort of disappearing in my eyes as the reader and the story board switched mainly to Mark. The thing I noticed most about the book was it turned more into a serial killer book then one involving a practical joke. The book was totally in third person, and as I mainly went through the book, I thought that I might’ve missed some important information about the murder case going on. You might be reading about Jeff, Betsy, and Sue, while Mark is off doing something that is off doing something that is a key to the mystery. All in all, the book was a very fun and interesting book. I would not recommend this book to anyone above 9th grade. It was an easy read and think my next book will be a little bit more challenging.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Mr. Griffin.

message 1: by Anne Marie (new)

Anne Marie First of all, let me just say how much I like your profile pic and profile information. Anyone can tell just by looking at you that you are a real book lover. :-)

Anyway, I'm a bit confused: did you find this book to be too complicated or too simplistic?