KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > On the Ropes

On the Ropes by Christa Cervone

Nov 25, 2013

4 "Saint Vega' Neanderthal Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ARC Provided by the author, "Christa Cervone" in exchange for an honest review (Thank you)

A heartbreaking account of two Brothers on a path of destruction, Gabriel was lucky enough that someone cared enough about him to intervene and set him on the right path, his brother Jase wasn't so lucky..

"I owe my life to Frankie."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Frankie runs a boxing programme for "at risk, kids..Gabriel has been with Frankie since he was a kid, he's the father figure that he's never had and helped keep him on the straight and narrow..Before that he'd been skipping school, doing drugs, drinking, fucking random girls and stealing cars..

"I'd been told by my father, my teachers, and my foster families that I was never going to amount to anything, so I set out on a path to prove them all wrong."

When Gabriel took on the fight name "The Saint" he insisted that everyone drop his given name and call him that instead to sever that last connection to his parents..

Then Salem Harris comes walking into his life and changes his game plan, he was drawn to her as soon as he laid eyes on her, an attraction he struggled to deny..

"Why can't I ever seem to find a girl who just wants to fuck? Why do they always want more?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"My mother was a junkie and my father was the asshole who had brutally beaten and killer her."

I enjoyed how the story was told in Gabriel's point of view and can't wait to see what happens in the next installment of this..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Ropes.

November 25, 2013 – Shelved
November 25, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
February 19, 2014 – Finished Reading

message 3: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Great review :)

✿kawehi.reviews I'm happy this book worked out for you hun!! For me, it just didn't click :(

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Yeah I saw you gave up on it, was slow going but I still enjoyed it..

✿kawehi.reviews Kitty Kat - NZ wrote: "Yeah I saw you gave up on it, was slow going but I still enjoyed it.."

I don't have patience that's why. One of my biggest faults. I heard that after I gave up, it all of a sudden picked up. Shucks. Debating whether to go back in to finish now ;)