ekarifin's Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

bookshelves: book-in-english, dystopian, series-book

Call me weird? I don’t care. Call me nerd? I’m actually the one. So, that’s why I found The Maze Runner is fascinating; it’s like a giant unsolved puzzle but we all know that unsolved puzzle doesn’t exist. Though if the puzzle is designed of being unsolved, then just like in video game there is always ‘cheat’ to use as long as you want to think in “Outside the Box” way. That is the point of The Maze Runner that I can sum.

A bunch of genius kids trapped in a giant maze and forced to look for the way out. For Hunger Games fans this book must be the best choice to fulfill their hunger after the trilogy has ended; the different is if Hunger Games are designed for the sake of entertainment, The Maze is designed for the sake of humanity.

I started reading the book after I got a recommendation from a friend and then from Good Reads and I found this book intriguing and at the same time fascinating. I’m not going to talk about the plot or the story because you can read it yourself if you are really interested but I’m going to talk about the ending of the book. Gosh, I finished reading it last night and then I have to make a difficult decision, whether I chose continue to read or got some sleep because I have to wake up early in the morning; fortunately my common sense won, I chose to sleep and start reading the books this morning.

Creators, who are there? Creators here are those who put them on the maze and then decided to kill them one by one until they find the best among them and they did that for the sake of humanity. I cannot get the idea at all but the words that Teresa wrote on his arm before she lost his memory was “WICKED is good” and it successfully divides my opinion. That’s why I need to continue reading the second book of The Maze Runner trilogy, The Scorch Trial like RIGHT NOW, this review can wait.

See ya…

e

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.

November 25, 2013 – Started Reading