Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

it was ok
bookshelves: ya-fantasy, horror

Well, we all thought that when Anna dragged the bad guy to Hell at the end of the first book we'd seen the last of her....right?

Sure we did. And if you didn't expect the return of Anna in a sequel I've got some ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

Yes...our hero hasn't been able to forget Anna. He can't let her go, so when she starts showing up, and no one else sees her he wonders if it's her...or maybe him.

This book is much more a teen romance rolled into the horror wrapping and takes a good while to get rolling. I was torn on the rating here. I almost went with a 3 but finally decided I really had to come down on the "I didn't really care for this book all that much" side. So, it gets a 2. It does "try" to pick up and tell a good story and the ending climax gives you some interesting moments. BUT on the whole, slow and full of teenaged angst...and a woe is me love story.

Doubt I'll follow Anna's story any further.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.

November 24, 2013 – Started Reading
November 24, 2013 – Shelved
Finished Reading
December 1, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 9, 2013 – Shelved as: ya-fantasy
December 9, 2013 – Shelved as: horror

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn I have been looking for ocean front property in Kansas for years now. If it is near Topeka, you have yourself a buyer. ;)

Mike (the Paladin) As it happens it's right outside town with both Atlantic and Pacific footage which includes a cliff-side dwelling, 50 acres of forest land replete with red deer, kangaroos, impalas and penguin.

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sold!
I will have the bank wire (oops showing my age) my whole life savings. How does $6.81 sound?

Mike (the Paladin) Only if it's pre 1960s dimes....