Littles Books's Reviews > The Summer I Found You

The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry

Nov 24, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: somehow-meaningful, typically-ya, the-military-law-enforcement-etc, arc

Ms. Perry tells the story of Kate and Aiden. Kate was diagnosed with type I diabetes and Aiden is learning how to live without an arm.

Kate’s boyfriend just broke up with her, she has a hard time coping with her diagnosis and the fact that she lives in a small town where everybody knows her condition, but most of all she has a hard time understanding the seriousness of her diagnosis.
Aiden is Kate’s best friend Jen’s cousin. He came back from a stint in the military and is now, because of the loss of his arm, a veteran. Aiden came into the military as a career choice, he didn’t have a plan B, and is coping with the fact that he now has to figure out what to do with his life, and how to deal with the fact that his friends are still active soldiers, to live with one arm, and a case of PTSD. They both have a list of issues to address and find escape and distraction in each other.

Complete Review at: http://littlesbooks.com/summer-met-jo...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer I Found You.

Started Reading