Monique's Reviews > Last Chance Proposal

Last Chance Proposal by Barbara DeLeo

Amazing!
*******

This review also appears on my blog All The Bookish Love

Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

This was the first Barbara DeLeo book I’ve read and she impressed the heck out of me. I finished this book in less than a couple of hours and I swear, when it was done, I was floating on cloud nine. A romantic upside-down Christmas read, it made my heart clench from happiness.
As a South-African, I love reading about summer about summer Christmases and this one was extraordinary.

Reading and experiencing the way both characters go out of their way not to feel anything but friendship for each other, had me going. But the love they so clearly feel, not just the love for each other, but the love for the little boy who managed to capture my heart without uttering a single word, felt completely real.

Barbara created characters you just can’t help loving. A man who’s trying his best to connect with a son who doesn’t speak, and as an added bonus, he is sizzling hot on top of all that. Well, that hits a girl hard. Add a woman, who is so kind and gentle, that she’d give up to help the man she’s loved for years, and you have a powerhouse combination.

This book was light-hearted, fun and a fantastic holiday read. Barbara DeLeo had me falling in love with her writing, with this book, so much, that I’m not thinking twice about purchasing any of her other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Chance Proposal.

November 24, 2013 – Shelved