BookChic Club's Reviews > The Dust of 100 Dogs

The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King

Nov 22, 2013

A truly original tale, and a fantastically written book! King blends the past and present in this expertly woven story about a reincarnated girl pirate, now as a contemporary teenage girl. There are several chapters that feature a character named Fred Livingstone and appear random initially, but as the story continues, these chapters make a whole lot more sense and it's quite the twist. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but after thinking about it, it does make more sense for the plot to end the way it did. I absolutely loved Emer and Saffron, and it was fun reading about both the past and the present storylines and lives of these two. I also enjoyed the Dog Facts sprinkled throughout the novel- these were usually hilarious and with some pearls of truth contained within them about how humans act. Also, I saw the final copy of the book in a bookstore the other day and it includes a great interview with A.S. in the back of the book, for those who love reading author interviews!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dust of 100 Dogs.

Finished Reading