BookChic Club's Reviews > Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Nov 22, 2013

Cross my heart, hope to spy- stick a needle in your eye. The Gallagher Girls are back in Ally Carter's sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You but Then I'd Have to Kill You in Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy. After the heart ache of loosing her first boyfriend (who doesn't even remember all of the break-up night due to memory erasing tea), Cammie is determined to finally start fresh this new semester. But then things start changing as it is announced that there will be exchange students- from a boys spy school. If handling normal boys was tough, imagine a whole group of spy boys! But one has Cammie's eye and spy senses tingling through out the semester. Zach- a student from Blackthorne Institute for Boys- is smart, cocky, and driving Cammie insane. But what would GallagherAcademy be with out a little snooping? Bex, Liz, and Macey return with a few more tricks up their sleeves as we see bugs, brush passes, tails, CoveOps, and balls but it isn't nothing our girls can't handle (except maybe mastering the art of strapless bras…).

If you thought the first was good, then you will love this one. It's got awesome spy action, boys, and keeps you guessing what those Blackthorne boys are truly up to. Ally keeps you double guessing until the very end and you can't help but thinking about that CIA motto- and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. At the end, you are set free and also set up for a definite sequel. Although, I have my self wondering with small clues within the book if we really are set free? What really happened to Cammie's dad? Is Mr. Solomon involved? Well, if one thing is for sure, there is about as many secrets left to be told as there is secret passageways in Gillian Gallagher's old mansion and I am on the edge of my set waiting for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy.

Finished Reading