Max Anadon's Reviews > Odd Hours

Odd Hours by Dean Koontz

Nov 08, 2009

it was ok
Read in December, 2009

Well, it's the lowest rating I've given a Koontz book. I guess part of the reason is the expectations I've created for the series.

Things I didn't like about this one:
it seemed too drawn out. 100 pages for the first scrum with the bad guys...and it didn't seem that important, even in retrospect.

no bodachs

Sinatra resolved...it was okay, but I liked the way Elvis was addressed better, and that it was over three books instead of one

would have liked a return to Pico Mundo instead of here...characters had less time to develop, and arrival seemed less congruent than previous venues

On the positive side, I still enjoy Odd as a character and his humor. I like the addition of Boo as a constant, and the climax of the book laid grounds for the series to continue...in fact, I enjoyed the ending more as to what could be forthcoming than for this book.

In spite of my disappointment here, I will continue to read the series, not unlike a fan of James Bond movies who will always go to new releases regardless of dislike of theme or the latest Bond actor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Hours.