Caroline's Reviews > Crashed

Crashed by Robin Wasserman

Nov 08, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult, dystopia, post-apocalyptic
Read in November, 2009

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and was happy to find out this was even better than the first. The first was a solidly entertaining and I loved the world, but this definitely built upon that foundation and gave me so much more to enjoy. Skinned spent a lot of time establishing Lia Kahn's personal difficulties and turmoils, while Crashed was able to expand the focus on the world she lives in and the politics.

I loved the further developments involving the Faithers, who have now established an organization called The Brotherhood of Man. This group is lightly touched on in the first novel, and plays a much bigger (and antagonistic) part in this sequel. It's interesting to see some parallels Wasserman was obviously trying to draw between the oppressed mechs and a society that is unsure of how to accept them, and the way societies in our own history have overpowered minorities. This is definitely more than a simple "girl becomes a robot" story, and I've so far been very happy with the mature ideas and how it's been handling them.

Very much looking forward to the conclusion of this trilogy, it's just too bad I'll have to wait close to a year to find out what happens to Lia. Things ended on a very strained note!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crashed.

11/11/2009 page 78
17.73% "Started reading this at work today because I was too impatient to wait until I was finished with Gone."
11/12/2009 page 158
35.91% "This is like 100 times more addictive than Skinned, holy crap. And Skinned was pretty addictive."
show 1 hidden update…