Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > My Heartache Cowboy

My Heartache Cowboy by Z.A. Maxfield

Jimmy Rafferty makes quite the discovery about his old friend, Eddie Molina. He learns that he is gay when he finds him servicing another man. Though this doesn’t necessarily change your friendship right away, it makes Jimmy wonder where he stands in Eddie’s eyes.

As I really enjoyed the first book in this series, I was very excited to be reading this one. However, I found out that this wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. Jimmy had a drinking problem and as his best friend, Eddie is trying to help him out of it. It’s sometimes a dark ride and Jimmy can get nasty at times. Actually, let me correct that right here. He can be very nasty and it sometimes made me wonder about his character a little bit. I went back and forth liking and hating his character. As my frustration mounted with him, it also made me closer to Eddie’s character though.

Eddie is battling his feelings for Jimmy. Despite the nasty temper and the deep denial he is in, Eddie is completely in love with Jimmy and Maxfield really explores the depth of those emotions as Eddie tries to handle Jimmy and help him through his detox.

MY HEARTACHE COWBOY has a handful of angst, frustratingly real emotions and also the perfect amount of banter to balance it all out. This book may have not been what I was expecting, but it also nicely displays the tumultuous journey that Jimmy must make to not only find love, but also himself.

*ARC provided by publisher
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Heartache Cowboy.

November 22, 2013 – Shelved
January 2, 2014 – Shelved as: ride-me-cowboy
January 2, 2014 – Shelved as: review-requests
January 2, 2014 – Shelved as: series-v-the-cowboys
January 2, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

FV Angela I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is as good as the first book.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Me too! I really loved the first one!

message 3: by Helyce (new) - added it

Helyce this is part of a series? It doesn't note it above. What is first book?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Do you remember the My Cowboy Heart by Z.A. Maxfield I told you about? Thats the one

message 5: by Helyce (new) - added it

Helyce I knew we had chatted about this author. 2nd book doesn't show that it's part of a series so I was confused.

Alex is The Romance Fox Nice Review Annie....i haven't read anything by this author ....maybe I should try this series. It looks interesting.:)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Alex. Hope you enjoy.