Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)'s Reviews > 3:59

3 by Gretchen McNeil

liked it
bookshelves: listened-to

This book takes a long time to set up/get to the main story. It reads like a contemporary book in the beginning with a few weird things. There is so much forshadowing that I was continually guessing what was going on BUT it would take a while for that to happen so the pacing just seemed a big off for me.

But being an absolute lover of alternate reality stories I appreciated this. There's fun geeky girl science. While it does suffer a tad from instalove there's something to the relationships I appreciate as well. There is a lot going on. Monsters, two worlds, lies, two versions of every character and at times it felt like it was a lot as opposed to one story blending perfectly. But it was still fun and had some really interesting things to think about

It wasn't the best alternate reality book I've read (that would be Parallel) but it was fun and it definitely picked up and finished strong.

I listened to the audiobook and this was the first reader who I had to get used to. After a while I stopped being distracted by her voice but it did take a second.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 3.

Started Reading