Monica Cardoza's Reviews > Tangling with the CEO

Tangling with the CEO by Annie Seaton

U 50x66

Blake is a businessman that sees figures. Ana is a businesswoman that is compassionate with people and even if they don’t make much it’s what they have done to help the community. Can these two people that love each other come together?

This book is refreshing and captivating, it made me laugh but it also made me want to lock both Ana and Blake in a room so they could finally talk about why Ana had her appointment with him. I love how I was able to see Blake let go and have some fun with his niece and nephews. He seemed so uptight but worst of all he seemed so lonely. I totally fell in love with the children but the one’s that held my heart were Maddy, the oldest child, and Billy, the four-year old. Maddy was very mature for her age but the moment that her feet sunk into the sand at the beach her expression was priceless. Now as for Billy he was a very intelligent Autistic little boy that just stole my heart.

Anastasia “Ana” Delaney is a businesswoman that is super smart, a bit messy but had the biggest heart anyone could have. She has no family, her mother passed away from breast cancer and she bought a small cottage that needed a little tender love. She has two best friends, Georgie and Sienna that she has known since she was 5 years old. Together they have a restoration department within Joe Hickey’s little hardware store that helps the town folks with repairs to their homes. They also get contracts to renovate homes that buyers want to resell. Now they are on the verge to only lose their renovating department but the help they provide to the community.

Blake Buchanan is a brilliant, hard headed businessman. Yes, when it comes to running a successful business the numbers always count not the generosity of the person or business. When it came to the restoration department it seemed that the department was going to be closed down. Now Blake needed to get ready to lay some people off as soon as the deal was sealed. Blake has not seen Ana in 10 years and having her at his doorstep was a shock. All the feelings that he had in the past came back ten times fold. He wanted an explanation of why she left him 10 years ago. He left to attend a class but asked her to wait for him but when he returned back home she was gone. Ana’s cloths were packed and there was no note. He wanted to know if he or what happened between them was the reason for her dropping out of college. Only before she could explain the reason she was there to see him, his sister shows up and his life will never be the same.
Will Ana finally be able to tell Blake the real reason she was there to see him before he does his own investigating? Will Blake be able to open his eyes and see what a wonderful thing Ana does for her townspeople? Will Blake be able to let the corporate office layoff so many people? Will Ana for once in her life shut up and listen to what Blake has to tell her or will she just assume she knows what has been done?

Tangling with the CEO was an amazing read, a breath of fresh air. I loved the connection that Ana and Blake had even if they were fighting their feelings for each other. When Ana was helping Blake with taking care of his niece and nephews seemed like they were taking care of their own, I could actually see them as husband and wife with their own little family. I loved the relationship they had even though sometimes it seemed that they bickered more than anything. Ana didn’t want to fall in love again with Blake only to be left broken hearted because they were from different worlds. Now as for Blake he was a serious businessman but by the very end he actually saw Ana’s way of thinking since college. The pace of this story was perfect I love how natural it all seemed. The chemistry between Blake and Ana is electrifying. If only they would have spent more time loving each other and making each other happy. Ms. Seaton’s writing style is clear and focused. The characters were well developed. Some of the setting of this story is in a lovely little town of Nebbiton, CA and it’s seemed so friendly, a community that helps each other. The description of the surrounding area of Ana’s cottage seemed serene and peaceful, to hear the waves of the ocean just outside of the cottage is beautiful.

Tangling with the CEO will be staying in my library for future reading. It was a read that I truly enjoyed and I didn’t have to think about anything just enjoy the characters and their story. Get this read today and get sucked in the love story of Ana and Blake just like I did. I can’t wait for Jack and Sienna’s story next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangling with the CEO.

Started Reading