Unapologetic_Bookaholic's Reviews > Tempt Me with Darkness

Nov 07, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: romance-paranormal, books-to-swap-to-lisa-sizzlers
Read in November, 2009

I finally finished this after a few months of struggling through it. I am sure I have the review written in a journal somewhere. My problem with this is an overload of characters. Giving bits and pieces of information that the main characters could have handled. I would have been happy if the hero had a flashback for a couple chapters and interacted with his friends. The problem with bringing everyone into the first book is trying to fully flesh them out. It screams, "Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I'm important even though I'm just a minor character...in this book."

Example: A character would turn up to'help in the fight'. Start explaining his life history. This smacks of future set-up. For his book. This is fine to do with a couple minor characters but there just seemed to be alot of this and it took away from the meat of the plot between the hero and heroine developing their romance. They seemed to have progressed very mechanically.

The storytelling was classically good for a PNR. So I am not at all disappointed in that aspect. I just could have done without the pauses to interject "his story", for later. This author writes some of the hottest sex scenes ever! So I wouldn't not recommend this book. I would just like to forewarn readers that are annoyed by character pop-ins.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempt Me with Darkness.

01/10/2010 page 0
0.0% "Buddy Read in "The Sizzlers" private swap group on GR."
01/15/2010 page 130
33.85% "ok so if i rated based on the H/h ****, the plot is DOA." 3 comments
01/18/2010 page 156
40.63% "I really think i will finish. But might take a while. SS co- buddy readers"
show 4 hidden updates…

Cindi Its a good one, Kenjii. You'll like it.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Thanks Cindi. I've been waiting a long time to get it.

Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. Maybe I will give it a try again later. Curious to know what you think.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Well I have no idea what happened to my review for this, lol. But its posted now :)