Caro's Reviews > The Weather Girl

The Weather Girl by Amy Vastine

Super lovely read.

Gotta say, I loved, loved, loved Summer and her weather thing going on. Loved how she lived for the weather. It wasn’t just her job, it was her life. Hell, it was her, really. She was really sweet and kickass and vulnerable at the same time. She hesitated on what her true path really was (even though she really knew it), but I didn’t feel frustrated by it. I got it, I really did.

As for Travis, he was cute and very much lost. It was funny how he didn’t realize his true path, and it took Mimi to almost spell it for him, lol. *Facepalm*

Mimi and Big D were super cute and even Storm had a place in my heart by the end.

There were also characters I didn’t like very much, but nothing really bad. Travis’ Dad was an ass, and even though he changed his tune in the end, I felt it was too easy. He spent years putting the weight of the world on his son’s shoulders and then just one day, he was ‘ok, whatever makes you happy’... Um. I just didn’t buy it that much, I would’ve expected him to change at some point, but after a long time, you know? It would’ve been more in character to keep being a stubborn ass, I think.

I also didn’t like people at the TV station very much. Some were nice and all, but it was like a joke to everyone Summer's love for the weather, and that bothered me on Summer’s behalf, lol. I mean, yeah, I can’t say it was a subject everyone could like (personally, I loved it. I wish I knew someone like her irl), but they were downright mean about it. Why the assness, people? Why? At some point, ALL I wanted was for Summer to get the hell out of that town to a place where she was appreciated.

Still, all in all, I really liked this story. Loved where Summer was left by the end of the story and how Travis fit in there. I gotta say, I loved Summer’s new job so much, I wouldn’t mind reading a little bit more of that phase. How she traveled the world looking for adventures. I might be the only one, lol, but I wouldn’t say no to a novella. ;-)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weather Girl.

November 20, 2013 – Shelved
November 20, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
February 16, 2014 – Started Reading
February 16, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Irene (new)

Irene Thank you for the rec, I've been meaning to add it to my must reads :)

Caro You're welcome. :-)

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene Caro wrote: "You're welcome. :-)

I asked Amy on FB a while back and she said it wasn't here yet. Great that it is now, since this is pretty much the only place where I keep an actual order in my TBR, lol. :-P"

lol me too :P