Laura's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

bookshelves: favorites, ya, vampires, fantasy, romance

So I actually finished this 2 days ago but I've been debating whether or not to rate this 5 stars. I wanted to. I really did. But I just couldn't overlook some of the things that irked me in this book (namely one thing actually).

I loved this series and I can't believe I didn't read it sooner! The main character is a perfect mix of hilarious, serious, badass, and just lovable. She's such a beautiful character and I'm sorry to see her go. The rest of the characters are amazing as well (Dimitri *swoons*). (view spoiler)

Now, the plot. The dang plot. It was good and then it was just ok and there were some parts I questioned. I should probably explain myself. So when Rose was (view spoiler) I was like WHAT???? THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!! And then a page later she just (view spoiler) so that was annoying beyond belief. Everything else was just hunky dory though! I loved how Rose was being proactive about her sentence rather than being submissive. That's the Rose I know! :D

Overall, it had amazing romance, heartbreak, action, suspense, and characters. Sometimes though, the plot seemed a bit out of wack. So 4 stars!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes Laura Liked

Richelle Mead
“Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.”

Richelle Mead
“What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?”

Richelle Mead
“What was love, really? Flowers, chocolate, and poetry? Or was it something else? Was it being able to finish someone's jokes? Was it having absolute faith that someone was there at your back? Was it knowing someone so well that they instantly understood why you did the things you did—and shared those same beliefs?”

Richelle Mead
“Abe held my gaze a bit longer and then broke into an easy smile. ʺOf course, of course. This is a family gathering. A celebration. And look: hereʹs our newest member.ʺ

Dimitri had joined us and wore black and white like my mother and me. He stood beside me, conspicuously not touching. ʺMr. Mazur,ʺ he said formally, nodding a greeting to both of them. ʺGuardian Hathaway.ʺ

Dimitri was seven years older than me, but right then, facing my parents, he looked like he was sixteen and about to pick me up for a date.

ʺAh, Belikov,ʺ said Abe, shaking Dimitriʹs hand. ʺIʹd been hoping weʹd run into each other. Iʹd really like to get to know you better. Maybe we can set aside some time to talk, learn more about life, love, et cetera. Do you like to hunt? You seem like a hunting man. Thatʹs what we should do sometime. I know a great spot in the woods. Far, far away. We could make a day of it. Iʹve certainly got a lot of questions Iʹd like to ask you. A lot of things Iʹd like to tell you too.ʺ

I shot a panicked look at my mother, silently begging her to stop this. Abe had spent a good deal of time talking to Adrian when we dated, explaining in vivid and gruesome detail exactly how Abe expected his daughter to be treated. I did not want Abe taking Dimitri off alone into the wilderness, especially if firearms were involved.

ʺActually,ʺ said my mom casually. ʺIʹd like to come along. I also have a number of questions—especially about when you two were back at St. Vladimirʹs.ʺ

ʺDonʹt you guys have somewhere to be?ʺ I asked hastily. ʺWeʹre about to start.ʺ

That, at least, was true. Nearly everyone was in formation, and the crowd was quieting. ʺOf course,ʺ said Abe. To my astonishment, he brushed a kiss over my forehead before stepping away. ʺIʹm glad youʹre back.ʺ Then, with a wink, he said to Dimitri:

ʺLooking forward to our chat.ʺ

ʺRun,ʺ I said when they were gone. ʺIf you slip out now, maybe they wonʹt notice. Go back to Siberia."

"Actually," said Dimitri, "I'm pretty sure Abe would notice. Don't worry, Roza. I'm not afraid. I'll take whatever heat they give me over being with you. It's worth it.”

Richelle Mead
“I don’t belong to anyone. I make my own choices."
"And you’re with Adrian," said Dimitri.
"But I was meant for you.”

Richelle Mead
“Don't blame us," said my mother. "We didn't blow up half of Court, steal a dozen cars, call out a murderer in the middle of a crowd, or get our teenage friend crowned queen."

"Actually," said Abe, "I did blow up half of Court.”

“Who is he?"
"An idiot, said Adrian. "Makes me look like an upstanding member of society.”

Richelle Mead
“I always love seeing what worries you. Strigoi? No. Questionable food? Yes.”

Richelle Mead
“I loved you!" he yelled. He jumped up out of his chair so quickly I never saw it coming. "I loved you, and you destroyed me. You took my heart and ripped it up.”

Richelle Mead
“Auras tell a lot, Rose, and I'm very good at reading them. Much better than you friends probably are. A spirit dream wraps you own aura in gold, which is how I knew. Your personal aura is unique to you, though it fluctuates with your feelings and soul. When people are in love, it shows. Their auras shine. When you were dreaming, yours was bright. The colors were bright...but not what expected from a boyfriend. Of course, not every relationship is the same. People are at different stages. I would've brushed it off, except..."
"Except what?"
"Except, when you're with Dimitri, your aura's like the sun. So is his.”

Richelle Mead
“What’s going on?” he demanded.
“The usual, old man,” I replied cheerily. “Danger, insane plans... you know, the stuff that runs in our family.”

Richelle Mead
“A gun. I had been brought down by a gun. It was practically comical. Cheaters, I thought.”

November 18, 2013 – Shelved
November 18, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
May 6, 2014 – Started Reading
May 6, 2014 –
page 488
82.15% "Addicting book as with the rest of the series... :D"
May 10, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites
May 10, 2014 – Shelved as: ya
May 10, 2014 – Shelved as: vampires
May 10, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy
May 10, 2014 – Shelved as: romance
May 10, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Precious I know. I was like 'YaY! Romitri!" Then 'Aww. Poor Adrian.. Why couldn't that wait??.."

Laura Hahaha I know right!?