Laura's Reviews > Spirit Bound

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

bookshelves: favorites, fantasy, romance, vampires, ya

Ok so I'm REALLY regretting not reading this series before the other one. What was meant to be a cliffhanger and an amazing ending, ended up being ruined because I already know what happens! (view spoiler) So if you haven't read either series yet, READ THIS ONE FIRST!!

Once again, this was a phenomenal book by Richelle Mead. Suspense (if you're not like me who read the wrong series first *face palm*), romance, action, a badass heroine, what more could a girl want? This is a particularly confusing time in Rose's life because she is forced to choose between Adrian and Dimitri. I'm not going to tell you her final decision so I'll leave it at that. Her soul mate who has turned Strigoi, or a guy who loves her.

The action is simply breathtaking. The fights are perfectly spaced and aired in the right light so you don't feel like the author is making them sound insignificant or that it doesn't matter that people died.

Overall, a solid 5 - I can't wait to read the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Bound.

Quotes Laura Liked

Richelle Mead
“He has no right to threaten my boyfriends. I'm eighteen. An adult. I don't need his help. I can threaten my boyfriends myself.”

Richelle Mead
“I've given up on you...Love fades. Mine has.”

Richelle Mead
“You're beautiful in battle," said Dimitri. His cold voice carried to me clearly, even above the roar of combat. "Like an avenging angel come to deliver the justice of heaven."
"Funny," I said, shifting my hold on the stake. "That is kind of why I'm here."
"Angels fall, Rose.”

Richelle Mead
“Don't touch her," he growled.
There was a note in his voice that would of scared me if it had been directed toward me. He shoved me behind him, putting his body protectively in front of mine with my back to the table. Guardians came at us from all directions,and Dimitri began dispatching them with the same deadly grace that had once made people call him a god.”

“Damn it," I muttered.

"What?" asked Adrian.

"I hate when you're the sane one. That's my job."

"Rose," he said, forcibly trying to keep a serious tone, "I can think of many words to describe you, sexy and hot being at the top of the list. You know what's not on the list? Sane.”

Richelle Mead
“I don't know. This college would probably have the same problem the last one did."

I frowned. "What's that?"

"Homework."

"Adrian," growled his father.

"It's okay," said Adrian breezily. He rested his arm casually on the table. "I don't really need a job or extra money. After Rose and I get married, the kids and I'll just live off of her guardian paycheck.”

Richelle Mead
“You guys didn't really think you could go off on a party weekend without me, did you? Especially here of all places—" He froze and it was one of those rare moments when Adrian Ivashkov was caught totally and completely off guard.
"Did you know," he said slowly, "that Victor Dashkov is sitting on your bed?"
"Yeah," I said. "It was kind of a shock to us too.”

Richelle Mead
“Hey, he's awesome. A little unstable, but awesome. We got along great." Adrian opened the door to the building we were seeking. "And he's a badass in his way too. I mean, any other guy who wore scarves like that? He'd be laughed out of this school. Not Abe. He'd beat someone almost as badly as you would. In fact..." Adrian's voice turned nervous. I gave him a surprised look.
"In fact what?"
"Well...Abe said he liked me. But he also made it clear what he'd do to me if I ever hurt you or did anything bad." Adrian grimaced. "In fact, he described what he'd do in very graphic detail. Then, just like that, he switched to some random, happy topic. I like the guy, but he's scary.”

Richelle Mead
“Well, you've finally got a license to kill. It's about time.”

November 18, 2013 – Shelved