Turi's Reviews > The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment

The Guinea Pig Diaries by A.J. Jacobs

Nov 04, 2009

bookshelves: immersion-journalism
Read in November, 2009

A.J. Jacobs's two previous books, The Year of Living Biblically One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible and The Know-It-All One Man's Humble Quest To Become The Smartest Person In The World fall into a category I really like - the "guy-takes-a-year-off-to-do-something" (it's usually a male, for some reason. Women must be too smart to do this stuff.) Whether it's making no trash, trying to qualify for the Olympics, or tracing Odysseus's voyage, I find this stuff fascinating. Escapist, perhaps, but fun. The Guinea Pig Diaries My Life as an Experiment is a colleciton of small experiments that Jacobs has done, like practicing Radical Honesty, outsourcing his life, and doing everything his wife says for a month. It's his same style of writing I've enjoyed from his previous books (except the parts he outsourced, or that were written by his wife, which were great, too.) Very recommended if you liked his earlier stuff or this genre.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guinea Pig Diaries.