Laura's Reviews > Vanish

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

bookshelves: favorites, fantasy, ya, romance

This book was better than the first one but also slightly worse. And before you ask, I have no idea what I mean. Every book has it's up's and down's right? It's good and bad sides?

I suppose for the two books I've read, I don't understand Jacinda's actions and thoughts at all. While I'm glowering at her mother, she's defending her (mostly in the first book but some in this one). Then, she believes she belongs with the pride despite their efforts to clip her wings, breed her, among other things. And it seems to me that she's unhappy there. Sometimes I wan't to slap some sense into that girl! Unfortunately for me and fortunately for her, she's fictional and not real.

Despite all my grievances, I still feel like Vanish deserves 4 stars. The idea is just so new to me and the way the author presents it and seems to think of everything draws me in. That and Jacinda's complicated romantic life.

Another thing that redeemed this book was the fact that there was never a dull moment. Even in the middle when she's just settling in with the pride again, there are revelations and twists and turns that kept me interested. I read it straight through!

4 stars for creativity and presentation but lacking in the disconnect between Jacinda and her rational feelings (my opinion people!). I can't wait to read the next one!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

November 16, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read