Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)'s Reviews > Ever After

Ever After by Kim Harrison

This was another great installment in the Hollows series. It generally takes a long time for these books to get going, but the buildup was much more enjoyable than some of the other books in the series. Something very sad happens, and I am still not quite over it. I wish Kim Harrison had not decided to go this route with one of my favorite characters, but alas, it is done, and it makes sense. The ultimate battle was yet again with Ku'Sox (the villain from my favorite Hollows book, Pale Demon ). That part of the book was just epic. I really feel these books are best when there are a lot of demons around. Having Al and Newt around equal the best parts for me.

We find out a LOT more about elf magic, combining powers, Al's past, Rachel's relationship with Trent becomes more complex and intriguing... Jenks and Ivy are on the back burner big time. I feel they could almost be written out completely at this point. Well, not Jenks... Bis is filling in the Jenks role in this one. I loved that the gargoyles played a huge part.

The only thing that bothers me sometimes is Rachel. Sometimes I just don't like her very much. She has grown magically, and become powerful, but emotionally, she still seems stunted. She is sometimes very annoying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever After.

November 16, 2013 – Shelved
February 4, 2014 – Started Reading
February 6, 2014 –
February 7, 2014 –
35.0% "It always takes awhile for these books to really get going. This one is good so far. It's building..."
February 7, 2014 –
56.0% "Wow, something really sad happened not too long ago. I'm still working that out. This book has been a slow boil so far."
February 10, 2014 –
February 10, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com) Rachel is SO annoying with guys, though. She assumes so much and can't even hang out with a guy without reading too much into it. lol

Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com) Or w/o making it more than it is.