KatLynne's Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

bookshelves: g-paranormal-romance, part-of-a-series, vampires, series-black-dagger-brotherhood, 2012-reads, hero-alpha-warrior, keeper, library-ebook, sensual-steamy, smokin-hot-steamy, tattooed-bad-boy-hottie
Recommended to KatLynne by: Dhes, Jaynie, Dee & Dorsey

(view spoiler)

Wrath - 6'6" - 270 lb Warrior Vampire - Raw male power - Intense - Aggressive - Tattooed - Deliciously erotic - Protective - Hard, ripped, well muscled body

I am always intrigued with the pictures my GR friends add to their reviews. Wanting to get an image of Wrath in those leather pants, I visited photo bucket and this is what I found. While there are no leather pants, I thought he was perfect:)

This is my first "adult" vampire read. I've stayed away from this genre thinking how on earth could I like a hero who drinks blood?! The thought has never been appealing and actually was kind of a turn off. But with the push from my GR friends I caved and took the plunge.

All I can say is ...WOW, I have really been missing out! I loved this book! Wrath and Beth’s romantic story is intense and kept me on the edge of my seat along with those hot, sexy love scenes. He was such a loner, guarding his feelings and deeper emotions. But when he fell, he fell hard! I particularly enjoyed his first feelings of jealousy….(view spoiler)

I learned a whole slew of new words along with their unique meanings and now volunteer to be Wrath’s shellan anytime! My ultimate goal is to become his leelan! This man is one of the sexiest I've read! I love alpha warrior heroes and this book is filled with sexy, male testosterone. Some were a little scary; some were a lot scary! But they all were fascinating! I also met the enemy, the lessers, and hope their entire race will be obliterated !

Thank you Dhes, Jaynie, Dee & Dorsey for encouraging me to read this! It was an intense; erotic, emotional read with just enough laugh out loud moments to make this near perfect. I am intrigued by this band of brothers and can't wait for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.

Quotes KatLynne Liked

J.R. Ward
“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.”

J.R. Ward
“God, he even knew their names. Rhage. Phury. And that scary-ass Zsadist guy.
Yeah, no Tom, Dick, and Harry names for the vampire types.
But come on, could you actually imagine some lethal bloodsucker named Howard?
Eugene?”

J.R. Ward
“Wrath dragged Beth into his arms and hugged her hard, talking in that other language again. When he pulled back, he ended the monologue with something like leelan.
Beth: "Is that vampire talk for bitch?”

“You don't know this yet. But you are Mine
- Wrath”

November 3, 2009 – Shelved
February 2, 2011 – Shelved as: g-paranormal-romance
February 2, 2011 – Shelved as: part-of-a-series
February 2, 2011 – Shelved as: vampires
September 30, 2011 – Shelved as: series-black-dagger-brotherhood
March 18, 2012 –
4.0% "I was only going to peek. And then, bam...Wrath! Where's Karla's fan when I need it?"
March 18, 2012 –
10.0% "Good lord, he was huge. And stacked. And his sex was as big and magnificent as the rest of him. Everything about him radiated sex, from the strength in his body to the way he moved to the smell of his skin! Well, heck, no wonder Beth didn't mess around. She saw, she wanted, she got!"
March 19, 2012 – Started Reading
March 23, 2012 – Shelved as: sensual-steamy
March 23, 2012 – Shelved as: smokin-hot-steamy
March 23, 2012 – Shelved as: tattooed-bad-boy-hottie
March 23, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ This is the BEST series....My favorite!!!

specialka i just finished book 5. it's a great series! in my opinion, books 2 and 3 are just amazing!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Books 2 & 3 are great for sure. However.....I LOVE Wrath (notice my Wrath profile pic) so my fav will always be the 1st book!!! :)

KatLynne Oh my ladies...I've got to start this series soon:-) I've heard great things about it!

Carol Storm I would take a peep but I'm at work!

Keri Loved your pic of Wrath, great review!

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I am so glad you liked this KatLynne especially as poor Dhes was in great need of a defibrillator when you mentioned you hadn't read this series LOL

Are you gonna read the rest of them?

KatLynne Keri wrote: "Loved your pic of Wrath, great review!"

Thanks Keri:)

KatLynne Dee wrote: "I am so glad you liked this KatLynne especially as poor Dhes was in great need of a defibrillator when you mentioned you hadn't read this series LOL

Are you gonna read the rest of them?"

*laughing*...I know. I thought her heart was going to stop right then and there:)

Most definitely planning on continuing this series. I'm especially anxious to read Z's and V's story.

Thanks again for the encouragement! My only other vamp books read were the Twilight series. And while I loved them, this is sure different...in a good way:)

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I love vamp romance books....trust me they all seem to make the act of drinking blood to be VERY sexy :))

KatLynne Dee wrote: "I love vamp romance books....trust me they all seem to make the act of drinking blood to be VERY sexy :))"

That's good to know Dee:) One of the things that surprised me in this one was the humor. I wasn't expecting it and loved it!

KatLynne Dorsey wrote: "Books 2 & 3 are great for sure. However.....I LOVE Wrath (notice my Wrath profile pic) so my fav will always be the 1st book!!! :)"

Awesome Wrath profile pic Dorsey! I've heard great things about books 2 & 3 but I think it's going to take alot to be better than this one:) Wrath was just about perfect!

message 13: by Baba (new)

Baba  Holy hotness! What a pic! LOL
Great review, KatLynne!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Great review katlynne & the picture is awesome!!

Little Butterfly WOW! Your pic of Wrath is amazing!!

message 16: by KatLynne (last edited Mar 23, 2012 08:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

KatLynne Baba wrote: "Holy hotness! What a pic! LOL
Great review, KatLynne!"

Thanks Baba! I knew you would like the pic..LOL

*** Baba, I removed my statement from here and posted on your status update:) ***

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee KatLynne wrote: "Baba wrote: "Holy hotness! What a pic! LOL
Great review, KatLynne!"

BTW...I just have to say again how happy I am for you! You are a sweetie Baba and I wish you and Jules all happiness! Your status update brought a huge smile to my face:)

Oopps I have obviously missed something :((.....off to find out what you mean

KatLynne Dorsey wrote: "Great review katlynne & the picture is awesome!!"

Thanks Dorsey! Wrath is one of the hottest heroes I've read and I tried to find a picture to do him justice:)

message 19: by KatLynne (last edited Mar 23, 2012 08:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

KatLynne Jodie~Khursed Rhebel~ wrote: "WOW! Your pic of Wrath is amazing!!"

Thanks Jodie! I found this at photo bucket and thought it was perfect:)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Nice Wrath pic! I hope you enjoy the other books in the series. :o)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you Dhes, Jaynie, Dee & Dorsey for encouraging me to read this one! It was an intense; erotic, emotional read with just enough laugh out loud scenes to make this one near perfect.
You're welcome and AMEN! I love this book, this series... great review, Kat!!!

Kristen Fantastic review, KatLynne. I need to start this series sometime this year.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, KatLynne. I need to start this series sometime this year."

It's a MUST READ Kristen!!!!!!

message 24: by Wminbc (last edited Mar 23, 2012 12:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wminbc Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so purrrrfect with his lady, I wouldn't poach...but some Butch/V action, all over that one!

message 25: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Mar 23, 2012 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Wminbc wrote: "Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so purrrrfect with his lady, I wouldn't poach...but some Butch/V a..."

Hey Sista!!

Wminbc Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so purrrrfect with his lady, I wouldn't poach...but..."

Hey babe...what's up with you?!?!? Missing ya!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Wminbc wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so purrrrfect with his lady, I woul..."

All's good..you? Been awhile since we have "talked".

Wminbc Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so purrrrfect with h..."

Ya...I even posted a hottie for my Friday...but alas, no one wants to shower with him..hahahah...Tax time killing you??? My neighbor is a book keeper and due in like 5 days and she is still crunching numbers and having clients drop shoe boxes off at her house...poor thing.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Great review Katlynne! Picture's not hard on the eye either:)

Michelle the Romance Witch wasn't Wrath 6'9"? but for sure kudos on the pic!

Kelly Actually in in Wrath's dossier in The BDB An Insider's Guide by JR Ward it does list Wrath as 6'9". Kind of a big dude, huh? Love the picture Katlynne and the review!

KatLynne Anna wrote: "Nice Wrath pic! I hope you enjoy the other books in the series. :o)"

Thanks Anna. I really loved this one and look forward to the others:)

KatLynne UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thank you Dhes, Jaynie, Dee & Dorsey for encouraging me to read this one! It was an intense; erotic, emotional read with just enough laugh out loud scenes to make this one near perfect.
You're w..."

Thanks for the push dear friend:)!

I told Dee I thought your heart would stop when you realized I hadn't read your fav PRN series...LOL

I do have a question and I don't mind spoilers...(view spoiler)

KatLynne Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, KatLynne. I need to start this series sometime this year."

Thanks Kristen! You must start soon girlie! I've only read the first book but my-oh-my it was gooood!

KatLynne Wminbc wrote: "Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so purrrrfect with his lady, I wouldn't poach...but some Butch/V a..."

*laughing*...Thanks Wminbc! I can hardly wait to read Butch's story and I've heard many, many good things about Z and V!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ KatLynne wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thank you Dhes, Jaynie, Dee & Dorsey for encouraging me to read this one! It was an intense; erotic, emotional read with just enough laugh out loud scenes to make..."

Do you plan on reading the rest of the books?

KatLynne Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Great review Katlynne! Picture's not hard on the eye either:)"

Thanks Sandi! This is my first "adult" vamp book and I believe my first alpha hero pic...LOL Wrath was just so delicious I had to post his picture:)

KatLynne Michelle wrote: "wasn't Wrath 6'9"? but for sure kudos on the pic!"

Thanks Michelle!....Wrath 6'9"...Wow, he really was huge!

*smiling*...My books shows him only at a measly 6'6"....
"Wrath was six feet, six inches of pure terror dressed in leather."....LOL

But either way, he was one bad'ss hottie! I just can't imagine any of the other Brothers measuring up to him.

But I think Dhes says her fav is Z and Wendy's is V and Wminbc says hers is Butch...*sighing*...guess I'm in for some good reads:)

KatLynne Kelly wrote: "Actually in in Wrath's dossier in The BDB An Insider's Guide by JR Ward it does list Wrath as 6'9". Kind of a big dude, huh? Love the picture Katlynne and the review!"

Thanks Kelly! Wrath was huge, yes! I took his height from my book. Thank you for letting me know his correct height:) Did you have a fav brother?

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Wminbc wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Oh, baby...that is a great Wrath photo...my heart still belongs to Butch (who IMHO needs me as his shellan)...but I digress...Z is so p..."

Kelly KatLynne wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Actually in in Wrath's dossier in The BDB An Insider's Guide by JR Ward it does list Wrath as 6'9". Kind of a big dude, huh? Love the picture Katlynne and the review!"

Thanks Kelly..."

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I LOVE the scene where (view spoiler) That was incredible!!!

KatLynne ...Dorsey wrote: "Oh god poor thing...I went home yesterday and was cursing myself for the vocation I choose...does that answer your question LOL ;)

Not you too Dorsey! You poor thing:)!

Gah...I'm covered up and actually fixing to head back to the office now! Hopefully, I can get back b/f midnight and catch up with all my GR friends:)

KatLynne ...Kelly wrote: "My favorite brother by far is Vishous. He has that bad-boy thing going on that I just love, plus he's super intelligent AND gorgeous. Jane is one lucky gal, er, I mean ghost!"

*smiling*...I love me a smart, gorgeous, bad boy! I'm sure it will be a great read! Jane is a ghost??

Headed back to the office..YUK! Hope you ladies have a great evening:)!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Kellie wrote: "Yummy pic!! Hope I didn't ruin my iPhone with all my drool!!"

LMAO!!!!

Kelly So sorry - forgot you haven't read the whole series yet. I'm-do I can't answer your question about Jane. Just read the book. You'll love it!!!! Have a good night.

Stephanie Collins Zsadist will steal your heart.... He is my fav from a pull your heart strings and make you melt perspective. :-)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ KatLynne wrote: "...Dorsey wrote: "Oh god poor thing...I went home yesterday and was cursing myself for the vocation I choose...does that answer your question LOL ;)

Not you too Dorsey! You poor thing:)!

Gah..."

Yes me too Katlynne....ugh! Not so bad most of the time but just picked up a couple of new clients and it's pretty intense because they are gas stations w/mini marts.....nothing but headaches (and billable hours & hours).

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Stephanie wrote: "Zsadist will steal your heart.... He is my fav from a pull your heart strings and make you melt perspective. :-)"

He be your favorite, but remember, he's MY male!

message 50: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Mar 23, 2012 08:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ I think Dhes just claimed HER male!! As long as it's not Wrath it's all good ;)

« previous 1 3 4