Jeanne's Reviews > What Falls Away

What Falls Away by Mia Farrow

Nov 03, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: jeanne-and-corky-s-2010-list, memoir, nonfiction

Prior to reading this memoir, here is what I knew about Mia Farrow: married to Sinatra, Rosemary’s Baby, and one of Woody Allen’s muses.

Here is what I now know about Mia Farrow: second generation Hollywood, childhood polio, ashram with the fab four, adopted lots of children, Andre Previn, and the sordid details of Woody Allen and Mia’s children, including Soon-Yi Previn.

I thought her early years were interesting, but her relationships with men could only be classified as questionable. Farrow appears to have a good heart and good intentions, but poor judgment.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Falls Away.

November 3, 2009 – Shelved
June 2, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill Gordon I read this quite a few years ago. I liked it.

Corky Interesting that we picked the same book for this month. I am only through the first few chapters though. I didn't realize she was Maureen O' Sullivan's daughter!

Jeanne I didn't know that she was second generation Hollywood. I have to say, I don't think much of her after reading this book. She seems like a flake. And I'm never seeing another Woody Allen film. That part of the book disgusted me.

Corky I have watched a few minutes of one Woody Allen film and couldn't stand it and have never watched another one.

Jeanne I was a huge WA fan, until I read this book. He's unbelievably gross.