Courtney's Reviews > Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words

Awareness by Anthony de Mello

Recommended for: future enlightened souls

This is one of the more personally challenging books I've ever read. It made me think... hard. I wanted to sit down and argue with this guy. I didn't like how it was written. I didn't like what he said about people and selfishness and being and love, but I can't stop thinking about it. The more time passes, the more I think thiss asshole is on to something. The Pope must have thoght so too, since he EXCOMMUNICATED HIM FOR WRITING IT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awareness.

Finished Reading
October 13, 2007 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Eddie I agree w your review completely. As you said, the more time goes on, the more I realize he was on to something.

Bobby even your review make me think. And if you're so impressed by this book it will be very intresting and cognitive to hear your opinion about a crossing or the drop's history by Anatoliy Obraztsov

Karen Bennett The best thing this book for me explained is that most things are concepts!

I found that freeing and that was enlightening for me!

I'm an ass, you're an ass haha

Dennis Beentjes I totally agree with your review. He confronts and challenges you.

message 5: by Mee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mee I think the book confused in the first time but interesting. To read and to think follow the book make the reading more fun.

Luana Pugliese It was difficult for me to rate this book.How can you give a value to what this book moves in you stomach-mind -heart during the reading?I rated 4 stars compated to others book that I loved but in a certain way this books has to be rated more than 5 stars..it gave me more than I thought. This is a book that I highly recommend.

message 7: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Sylvia Swann This is the best review I’ve read in a long time. Yay Courtney.