Laura's Reviews > The Running Man

The Running Man by Stephen King

liked it
bookshelves: dystopias, science-fiction, fantasy

3.5 stars. This book reminded me an awful lot of The Hunger Games (I know this was written waaaaay before the Hunger Games but sometimes when you read a book and then you read another one just like it, the second one is sort of ruined. That's what happened to me with this book sadly enough :(). The main character is running for his life and he ends up finding a way out of dying. The descriptions were vague in some areas and adequate in others. The plot line was also a little hard to follow, hence the 3.5 star rating. This is probably the most to-the-point review I've written but really, that's all there is to it. The author tried to get the reader to sympathize/empathize with and connect with the main character with all the wife and child talk and the discoveries he makes on his journey but really, I just didn't feel it. At the end of the book, I didn't feel anything at all because there wasn't really any tying up of the loose ends. It was an engaging story however so that earned some points.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Running Man.

November 14, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 14, 2013 – Shelved
November 27, 2013 – Started Reading
December 30, 2013 –
page 116
36.59% "This is kind of boring but strangely addicting and reminds me of The Hunger Games in a way."
December 31, 2013 – Finished Reading