The Book Tart's Reviews > Leave the Lights On

Leave the Lights On by Karen Stivali

Originally posted on http://thebooktart.com/book-review/th...

Leave The Lights On by Karen Stivali reminded me of dark chocolate. A delicious treat with sweetness and some bitter dark notes that added to the rich flavor… And now I’m hungry! But it’s true too. ;) I kept thinking how sweet this romance was and then there were moments when I’d sigh and want to hug the main characters hurts away.

Parker and Sophie have both been wounded. Parker’s physical wounds cost him his dream job and his internal ones left him on guard. Sophie’s just gone through a bad divorce and has definite (justified!) trust issues. But when Parker moves back into the house he grew up in and reconnects with Sophie their childhood friendship snaps back into place.

I got a kick out of their shared history and familiarity with each other. I loved seeing the sparks fly and how they begin to believe in love again and help each other heal. I adore Sophie and wanted to hang out with her at the various wedding events she went to for her job. (I’m a good cake tester.) I liked how honest she was and how she and Parker didn’t play games when they realized what they had together. The smexy times are yummy. I have a big crush on Parker. *sigh* He pays attention to Sophie and her needs…. *blush* hot! And I’ll never look at peanut butter quite the same way. ;)

Their road to love is not easy just because they found each other. Their wounds aren’t magically fixed and I liked seeing how they dealt with old pains and loss. This story might be sweet but it wasn’t candy coated and has sad and serious elements that made me appreciate the good even more.

A few of my fav lines…

♥ “You deserve to be happy.”

Sophie tilted her head, a rueful smile tugging at her lips. “So do you.”

“I am. Now.”

♥ “… And he’s got an awesome house and a cool car and will probably earn more money in the next year than I’ll earn in the next twenty, and I couldn’t care less. I want you. I love you.”

I’ve been in the mood for second chance romances and this story satisfied my craving. I recommend Leave The Lights On if you’re looking for a delicious romance with the perfect balance of light and dark.

The Queen of Tarts

♦ eARC provided for review for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leave the Lights On.

Finished Reading