Stephanie's Reviews > Seamless

Seamless by R.L. Griffin

I honestly don't even know how to begin expressing my love for this book, the entire series, the characters and R.L. Griffin herself. I was honored to receive an advanced copy of this book and after finishing it late last night, I woke with a giant emotional hangover this morning- and it was so worth it.

Like all of the other reviewers, I experienced a zillion different emotions in the "pages" of Seamless. I laughed, I cried, I was up, I was down, I screamed at my iPad, I sighed with contentment, I gasped in shock, I was tight with adrenaline... You get the picture :-) RL Griffin truly has a gift for taking the reader on an emotional ride, while developing a plot that is complex and engaging. (Also, her inclusion of pop culture references of music, movies, books, apps, etc is awesome :-)

I fell in love with Stella, George, Cooper, Millie, Patrick, Billy, and Jesse in By A Thread and Tension. Watching their personal development, struggles and interactions in Seamless just made them all even more real to me. Sometimes I want to hug them, sometimes throttle them, and sometimes just drink with them, but they became real to me through Griffin's writing. I was so sad to get to the end, but I'm sure I will be back for some re-visits, and I CANNOT WAIT for Mending (Feb 2014) and Heart In Wire (May 2014).

Keep up the incredible work, R.L. Griffin, and to anyone who does not have her books on their shelves, you are missing out on something special.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seamless.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

R.L. Griffin
“Why keep putting yourself back together if you’re just going to keep breaking apart?”

R.L. Griffin
“Seamlessly?” Stella’s laugh escaped her mouth and it was bitter and hard. “That may be an appropriate statement, because in order to look seamless, you must need to have an entire world of shit going on under the surface. I don’t see this seamless outside, but I’ll tell you I’ve never felt more lost inside.”
tags: lost

R.L. Griffin
“Perfection is something everyone strives for, but it’s elusive and may be an illusion.”

R.L. Griffin
“I’m going to fight. I’m going to fight for you. You need to remember that.”

R.L. Griffin
“I want to be in the eye of the storm, holding your hand, and if you get sucked into it, I want to go with you.”

R.L. Griffin
“I don’t get paid to be nice. I get paid to be right.”

Started Reading
November 13, 2013 – Shelved
November 13, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

R.L. Griffin Thank you so much!!! I appreciate you so much taking the time to write this review.