David's Reviews > A Kiss Before the Apocalypse

A Kiss Before the Apocalypse by Thomas E. Sniegoski

Nov 01, 2009

liked it
Read in October, 2009

Picked this up back in August while on a trip, but packed it away while finishing something else. Got around to finally reading it just last month. When I picked this up, it caught my eye and stood-out from the other UF books, in that it didn't feature the "indestructible hot female" which seems to be the flavor of the weak.

Well, there is familiarity to Butcher's Dreseden books - which isn't a bad thing, necessarily. Remy being an an ex-Angel is at the core of the story, which I can't really say very much about without veering into spoilerville, so I won't. There is side story with Remy's wife, which was very touching and moved me to tears at one point. Equally as touching, in a different way, were the sequences between Remy and his pet dog (although, I'm a cat person and do wish he'd had a cat instead...and there is a brief sequence with a cat too).

Overall, very good pacing, kept my interest up all the way through. I did feel the ending dragged-on a bit, but that's a small flaw.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss Before the Apocalypse.