Jae (Bookish Bluebird)'s Reviews > Addicted to You

Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie

Nov 12, 2013

bookshelves: amazing-characters, all-the-feels, audiobook, contemporary, love-it-forever, favorites, new-adult, family-emphasis, read-2015, tear-jerker, romance, ships-to-go-down-with, friends-to-lovers
Read 2 times. Last read February 24, 2014 to February 25, 2014.

Audiobook review--
It's official. Erin Mallon is my favorite audiobook narrator ever. Sure I haven't heard many for comparison but I love her. I love her 'Lily'. After listening to her narrate 3 books now, I was even finding her male voices sexy haha. She's wonderful and I can't wait to hear her again (plus Charles Carr!! :D) in the last LiLo books, Thrive and Addicted After All.

I've always thought Addicted To You was a difficult book to get through. And I still do. There's nothing nice about reading about people struggle with their addictions, isolating themselves from friends and family and thinking that's the right thing to do. This book tears me apart every time. The characters are so real. Lily and Lo are best friends and 'pretend' lovers in Addicted To You. We see how flawed they are from the get go and how they really only have each other. They love each other but can't bring themselves to choose the other over their vice. I cried a good number of times while listening to this book (even when I read it). So much raw emotion was being thrown at me. With how book one ends, you'll undoubtably be wanting more!

The Addicted series is inspiring and emotional. It brings up important societal issues like slut-shaming and feminism. It emphasizes that you should never be ashamed for being you. It's completely character driven and their growth is immense by the time you reach the end of AAA. I can never get enough of it! If you haven't started this series yet, do it now. You won't regret it. It only gets better from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Addicted to You.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
November 12, 2013 – Shelved
November 12, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
February 24, 2014 – Started Reading
February 25, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 6, 2015 –
1.0% "Back to the beginning with Lily and Lo. This is going to hurt *gathers tissues*"
March 4, 2015 – Shelved as: all-the-feels
March 4, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
March 4, 2015 – Shelved as: romance
March 4, 2015 – Shelved as: tear-jerker
April 10, 2015 – Shelved as: ships-to-go-down-with
May 10, 2015 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers (ebook Edition)
May 10, 2015 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
May 10, 2015 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers