Anissa's Reviews > The Rose of Winslow Street

The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

bookshelves: historical-fiction, library-borrowed-kindle-unlimited, 2014

I was looking for a nice, sweet, easy historical fiction read & this one didn’t disappoint. Libby & Mirela were what hooked me into the story & made it very enjoyable. I wasn’t too taken with Michael though I understood why he had done all he had for his family but much like Prof Sawyer, his manner was so brusque that often it put me off from truly and deeply sympathizing. For Professor Sawyer’s part, the way in which he berated & discounted Libby was almost more than I could take. Libby rolled with a lot & was definitely displaying some virtue of forgiveness that I clearly don’t possess. I held a grudge or two as I read. Still, overall, I was invested enough in Libby & Mirela that they were worth it. Both displayed strength, kindness & quite good character.

It wasn’t a complex story but it was heartwarming and that’s what I was looking for. Now I know I can check out another of Camden’s books the next time I’m looking for just that. 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose of Winslow Street.

November 12, 2013 – Shelved