KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > All the Pretty Lies

All the Pretty Lies by Michelle Leighton

review and others can be viewed on my Facebook page (http://tinyurl.com/k7yukmx)

"Live everyday like it's your last, none of us are promised tomorrow."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sweet and innocent, Sloane has made a pact with herself that things will change on her twenty-first birthday. So when the clock strikes midnight, Sloane strikes out to spread her wings and break a few rules.

First thing on her list is getting a tattoo, she's never been in a tattoo parlor before, but "The Ink Stain" comes highly recommended..

"I'm getting this damn tattoo, and nobody's gonna stop me."

Admiring the sketches on display, a deep voice interrupts, "Can I help you?"

Of all the works of art on the walls, none compares to the one she's staring at now. Angular, muscular features which seem to be carved in stone- slashing brows, luminous eyes, high cheekbones and a chiseled mouth..

She's caught staring, she knows it, and he knows it "See anything you like?"

"No," she says automatically.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"I'd like to have a half-open oyster shell on my right hip, towards the back, and have butterflies coming out of it and flying up my side, sort of around to the front."

Sloane feels like she's lived inside a tight shell her whole life..She's been protected and sheltered and raised as a lady in a house full of men..But when she turned twenty-one all that changes..Like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon she's setting herself free and spreading her wings and finally living.

Hemi: "I may not be able to give you breakfasts and promises, but I can give you pleasure like you've never dreamed of."

Many times that quote will come and bite Hemi in the ass!!

Sloane: "I don't want promises, most of the time, promises are just pretty lies, they're words designed to make others feel better. But in the end, they're still just lies, disappointing lies."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I want to be with her, I want to watch her eyes open first thing in the morning, I don't want just to have her, I want to possess her, I want to make her mine, to mark her so deeply that she could never be anyone else's.

I really enjoyed this book, swoon worthy moments, loved all that was Hemi and sympathized with Sloane and her need to break free..Was more to this book than just your average romance!1 Definitely recommend!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Pretty Lies.

November 12, 2013 – Started Reading
November 12, 2013 – Shelved
November 13, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

Christine ohhh boy!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Love this author!! Go get and start reading!! You'll like this one

Teresa Mary Rose Oh I ADORED this book!

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula  Phillips I got this the other day :)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Start reading it now Paula, it's really good 4 1/2 stars from me enjoyable read

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Great review Kat

message 9: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina Ohhh looks good. Is it a standalone?

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ no another book after this one

message 11: by Miss Fifi (new)

Miss Fifi cliffy?

message 13: by Miss Fifi (new)

Miss Fifi alpha male scale?

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ In the alpha male category I'd prob go a 5

message 15: by Miss Fifi (new)

Miss Fifi so why there's one star missing?

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ It fell off!! *looks around for that 1 star*

message 17: by Miss Fifi (new)

Miss Fifi Kitty Kats wrote: "It fell off!! *looks around for that 1 star*"

lol guess I'll keep this one in my tbr pile till you find that poor star :D

Marie This sounds hot

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Read it, it was really good

Marie Is there a hea?

Marie up to 30% love the tension lovvvvve when a couple doesn't jump into bed right away

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Glad your liking it!! Can't wait for the next book in this

Marie love it ...worried about Sasha please tell me she's harmsless

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Keep reading!! No spoilers from me!! But all is good

Masuma How do you pronounce his name?

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Hemi (Hem me) that's how I was saying it in my mind

Masuma Thanks x