• Lisa •'s Reviews > Fighting for Irish

11963959

bookshelves: brazen-addict

FIVE FIGHTING STARS.

description

I'm in brazen book overload and I can't help but love it. Gina L Maxwell has always been a favorite brazen author for my reading tastes, this time around she has completely blown me away by this beautifully written, touching story. This author has more than delivered a treat, and I can't wait for, Gina Maxwell enthusiasts to grab this novel. Readers if you are a fan of this author or even if you haven't been in the past, you must add this to your to be read shelves. Here are my 'Fighting for Irish' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Kat MacGregor has a knack for finding herself in less than desirable situations. Running away from her abusive past, Kat now finds herself holding the responsibility of her dead beat ex boyfriends debt. This feisty but broken waitress has always tried to fight her own battles but when a friend who can make more than her pulse best fast steps up to defend her, she has to learn to trust in his security. Aiden 'Irish' O'Brien has moved states to look after his close friends little sister. But when attraction and lust start to play a staring role in this couples connection. Aiden must make the decision to fight for what he loves before he looses his heart. Mystery, romance, danger, love and lust all play a starring role in this next explosive instalment in the 'Fighting for love' series.

What did I love?
This book came as a surprise, I loved seducing Cinderella and rules of entanglement they both gave me what I crave in a romantic story; love, lust and sexy longing wrapped up with great story telling, so when I started Fighting For Irish I expected the same formula, boy meets girl, hot sex, fall in love, rinse and repeat. Well readers I can honestly say my expectations were blown away. This book was so much more than an average easy-going romance, this novel was breath taking, sensual, gripping and heart warming. I'm still in awe of how Gina Maxwell has taken a run of the mill, yet loveable series and launched it onto another level all of it's own. The characters were well thought out, the plot was engaging, suspenseful and endearing and I was fully invested in this love story of healing and attraction. Gina Maxwell tackled subjects of abuse, hardships and attraction with a balanced, sympathetic and sensitive talent. Those that expect an easy brazen fix may be more than a little surprised at the depth and content of this well constructed love story.

description

Rating further explained ...
For the first 50% of this book I felt conflicted over my rating, simply because this book delivered what I was not expecting; a depth and grittiness that obviously came from the authors labour of love. Once I got over the initial surprise and allowed my self to forget about the Brazen title an the easy to read, sexy nature of this authors past books and focused in on the story that Gina was presenting I was wowed and won over. Bravo Mrs Maxwell, I loved your style.

Final thoughts ...
Aiden 'Irish' O'Brien will be a character that you'll be drooling over long after you've finished this story. Those that love Brazen books do not want to miss out on this stand out story. True love and fighting attraction at its best. Don't miss out readers, go grab it. Enjoy ... Kisses.

*ARC generously provided by entangled publishing in exchange for an honest review.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting for Irish.

November 12, 2013 – Shelved
69.0% ""
January 2, 2014 –
84.0% ""
January 3, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)

Katya2007 ahhhhh ... can't wait for this book and your review!!!

message 2: by K (new) - added it

K Can't wait to read this! Enjoy! xx

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Well jel!

message 4: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Florence Ooo excited to see what you say about this! Excited to read it!

• Lisa • Katya2007 wrote: "ahhhhh ... can't wait for this book and your review!!!"

I can't wait to start !! ❤️❤️ updates to follow ...

message 6: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo I should automatically get a friggin ARC for this seeing as I AM IRISH....

• Lisa • Kinsey wrote: "Can't wait to read this! Enjoy! xx"

I love this author I was very excited when I received this ARC!! Eeeeeek

• Lisa • Arabella ~♡AB♡~ wrote: "Well jel!"

I know that feeling, not long till it's out though babes, love this author x

• Lisa • Jessica wrote: "Ooo excited to see what you say about this! Excited to read it!"

I'm hoping I LOVE!!

• Lisa • Mo wrote: "I should automatically get a friggin ARC for this seeing as I AM IRISH...."

LOL too true what is wrong with the world ;-)

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart Love Gina Maxwell...cant wait for your review!

• Lisa • Kelli C wrote: "Love Gina Maxwell...cant wait for your review!"

Thanks for the add, poppet!!! ❤️❤️ Me too this author is fabulous!! x

Susanne Enjoy sweets! <3

message 14: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany I love this series. Enjoy!

message 15: by PJ (new)

PJ Hope you enjoy!

message 16: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya Yum! I love me some Irish hot man. Enjoy babe, looking forward. To your review I hope this is a winner for you...

RomanceBookVixen I love this series. I cannot wait to read this book.

• Lisa • Susanne wrote: "Enjoy sweets! <3"

I did thank you friend x

• Lisa • Bethany wrote: "I love this series. Enjoy!"

Thanks, lovely x

• Lisa • Denisse wrote: "Yum! I love me some Irish hot man. Enjoy babe, looking forward. To your review I hope this is a winner for you..."

It was a winner yay!

• Lisa • RomanceBookVixen wrote: "I love this series. I cannot wait to read this book."

Not too long to wait now x

Susanne I just started it! Can't wait for your review! <3

• Lisa • Susanne wrote: "I just started it! Can't wait for your review! <3"

I'll be looking out for your updates (view spoiler) ❤️

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Oh my Parker...*sigh*

• Lisa • Arabella ~♡AB♡~ wrote: "Oh my Parker...*sigh*"

Double triple sigh ... ❤️❤️

Emma ~ The Indecisive Reader ~ Glad you loved it. Can't wait to read this one :-)

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart holy moly...these pics are amazing! i cannot waiit for your review, but im already sold on the pics alone!

• Lisa • Emma wrote: "Glad you loved it. Can't wait to read this one :-)"

Trust me you will love 'Irish'!!

• Lisa • Kelli C wrote: "holy moly...these pics are amazing! i cannot waiit for your review, but im already sold on the pics alone!"

Thanks, Poppet. I love a Brazen fix ❤️

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo

• Lisa • Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

Thanks babes I'm itching for this to be released so others can enjoy it x

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen Lisa Jayne wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

Thanks babes I'm itching for this to be released so others can enjoy it x"

I signed up for the review tour and Wendy is going to read it....but I may just have steal it from her!!! hahahaa

message 33: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Love the pics, Lisa! Can't wait to see your final review! As you know, I'm a Brazen addict too, so I can't wait to read this. :)

message 34: by Claire (new)

Claire Robinson Stellar review chickie xx

message 35: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Why are we waiting, whyyyy are we waiting?????? No pressure there LJ.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Love the review already Lisa Jayne! ur pics are wonderful as always!

message 37: by • Lisa • (last edited Jan 03, 2014 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

• Lisa • Mo wrote: "Why are we waiting, whyyyy are we waiting?????? No pressure there LJ."

As I'm reviewing for a publisher I have to wait to review !!! (I have a date set for my review to be posted!!) LOL trust you will love this book ... It's more gritty and emotional than most brazen books Gina did GOOD!!

• Lisa • ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Love the pics, Lisa! Can't wait to see your final review! As you know, I'm a Brazen addict too, so I can't wait to read this. :)"

Oh I could float on a brazen book binge all year long LOL ❤️❤️

• Lisa • Lisa wrote: "Looking forward to your review, Lisa! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the art! <3"

Thank you Lisa!!! Big squeeze ❤️

• Lisa • Claire wrote: "Stellar review chickie xx"

Thanks muchly Claire x

• Lisa • ✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "Love the review already Lisa Jayne! ur pics are wonderful as always!"

Thanking you lovely, shazza x

message 42: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Lisa Jayne wrote: "Mo wrote: "Why are we waiting, whyyyy are we waiting?????? No pressure there LJ."

OK, get you now. Will let you off this time. Yes, it sounds great.

Wendy'sThoughts Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

Thanks babes I'm itching for this to be released so others can enjoy it x"..."

over my dead body WOMAN!

• Lisa • Wm AddictedReader&LovingTeamO wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

Thanks babes I'm itching for this to b..."

Ladies ladies there's plenty of Aiden to share LMAO

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen Wm AddictedReader&LovingTeamO wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

Thanks babes I'm itching for this to b..."

Wendy....didn't they teach you how to SHARE in preschool??? or did you fail that class?

*sticking my tongue at you

Wendy'sThoughts My romance guru, Brazen hustler... i bow to you... just the tease and i am panting.... i am awaiting the opportunity to read this and your baby review has got me all a tingle.

• Lisa • Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Wm AddictedReader&LovingTeamO wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

..."

LOL ... This takes book loving to another level ;-)

• Lisa • Wm AddictedReader&LovingTeamO wrote: "My romance guru, Brazen hustler... i bow to you... just the tease and i am panting.... i am awaiting the opportunity to read this and your baby review has got me all a tingle."

Wendy I need a 'YOU' fix everyday - you made me laugh ... Now I know that 'Irish' will get you going he is hard to resist and he has a 'Boston' accent hmmm LUUUURVE it x

Wendy'sThoughts Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Wm AddictedReader&LovingTeamO wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lisa Jayne wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Beautiful graphics Lisa.....I can't wait for your full review! xo"

..."

I know how to share....sticking tongue out.... awww right... smiling a great big one after....

Wendy'sThoughts Lisa Jayne wrote: "Wm AddictedReader&LovingTeamO wrote: "My romance guru, Brazen hustler... i bow to you... just the tease and i am panting.... i am awaiting the opportunity to read this and your baby review has got ..."

Honey you have me every day... anytime you want... hugs and kisses

« previous 1