Lara Sweety's Reviews > At the Cowboy's Mercy

At the Cowboy's Mercy by Emma Jay

Nov 11, 2013

liked it

AT THE COWBOYS MERCY by Emma Jay will bring out the hot cowgirl or cowboy in you. This novella is an erotic romance that will have you looking for a nearby rodeo of your own.

Living under the same roof with Kennedy Stacey, Luke Delaney falls in love with her at age eighteen. Kennedy succeeds in breaking his heart the evening he finds her in bed with his brother Liam. Fast forward eleven years later; Kennedy has lost everything she’s ever known. Destitute, she finds Liam and Luke at a rodeo in Texas. She begs for work and shelter. Luke stops Liam from taking her in, knowing their past, and searching for his future. While Luke harbors resentment toward Kennedy, he can’t fight the feelings he still has for her. He introduces her to a simpler life than the one she thought she wanted; they fall in love in the process.

Emma Jay does a good job of building the characters. You find yourself rooting for the dark and brooding Luke and Kennedy’s story tugs at your heart. The sexual heat between the two explodes in a satisfying manner. The author’s creativity shines here better than anywhere in the story. The story deserves a four rating, however because of the need for extensive editing I had to give it a three. There are numerous errors that will be an easy fix. When there are so many that it takes me out of the story, it’s difficult to enjoy. Fixing the formatting errors will make it a much better read. I had to reread several sections, in order to be able to follow who was speaking. The story progresses well otherwise.

Despite the need for editing, it’s worth the read. A snappy edit could make me fall in love with the story. I think we would all enjoy seeing where the author could take Liam and I’d like to see what’s in store for Kennedy and Luke down the road. You will enjoy the steamy interludes between the characters.

Edit: According to Goodreads this IS part of a series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At the Cowboy's Mercy.

Started Reading