Ariana's Reviews > Scarlet

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Nov 11, 2013

bookshelves: favorites, once-upon-a-time, best-of, retellings, by-color-red, by-color-dark

As great as the first one. I'd give a fake foot for the next book, LOL!

So, down the road to Cinder(ella) is the beauty in red – my mistake, Red Riding Hood. No, I mean Scarlet, like the hair (and yeah, dear, I know you’ve heard that before).

And maybe not quite down the road, as between New Beijing and France there might be more than just one road (in fact we might need a shiny spaceship to help as travel light), but what goes around comes around and we need to get back to the very beginning of this all. Confusing much? I am glad to hear that.

Let’s start with something less confusing: SCARLET is just as awesome as CINDER. I meant the books, but the characters are just as great.

We follow again the path of Cinder who tries to survive in that crazy life of hers. Prince Kai might hate her (or maybe he might not), Queen Levana wants her head and now Cinder has a new partner in crime, one pretty much funny – Carswell Thorne.

But then we have 2 new POVs and a new love story to gush over.
This Scarlet girl is tough, determined and she won’t take no for an answer.
And (the) Wolf: dark, dangerous and out of place. You don’t know why is he there, why does he care, if to trust him or not with Scarlet’s heart.

Between all these lovely characters and the ones from the first book we get an amazing storyline with great action, a lot of fun and quite a few turnarounds that will leave you begging for more.
February could never come soon enough.

‘Till then.. Happy midnight reading!

*Read this and more at: ReadingAfterMidnight.com
____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin' | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlet.

Started Reading
November 20, 2013 – Shelved as: best-of
March 20, 2014 – Shelved as: retellings
March 20, 2015 – Shelved as: by-color-red
March 20, 2015 – Shelved as: by-color-dark

Julie Graves LOL! That's funny! I read an ARC of Cress and loved it! Had to pass it on though. Hope you can get hold of a copy somewhere without having to give up the fake foot!

Olivia Caudell Currently reading the book and loving it!!! Can't wait for Cress!

Ariana Oh, tell me about it! I'm counting the days here!
Enjoy Scarlet, I did so very much ;))

Ronyell Awesome review!!! I'm really enjoying this book too!