Athena's Reviews > Break My Fall

Break My Fall by J.T. Cameron

Nov 11, 2013

bookshelves: blog-tours

Given by the author for an honest review for her Blog Tour

Break my fall is a great romantic novel with much mystery and intrigue! It doesn’t have the heavy dark tragedies to make us cry our eyes out and I really really enjoyed that!!!

It’s about 2 young people meeting and falling in love, instead of having a summer fling. Both of them have their scars, their wounds and both of them have different coping mechanisms. But they fit together..It’s a great couple, indeed!

The prologue really intrigued me, to be honest..It twisted my mind in a very positive and unpredictable manner..It was very unorthodox to start the novel that way, but I loved it!..I don’t want to spoil the fun for you so I’m going to leave it at that..The Prologue was intriguing and very refreshing and I would like to congratulate the author for making the choice to write it like that!!

The story is actually very good..When you read the Synopsis, perhaps you’ll feel : “Ok It will probably be a good book..Not that I haven’t read something similar but ok”..However, the reality is entirely different!! The story was provocative and it really sets your mind in a different path and way of thinking..It makes you reconsider many opinions you may have developed in the past..It was very refreshing to read…Plus, it is very creative and different from other novels.

Break my fall has that special something we all look for in a book! I recommend it without hesitation!

But as always I would like to state a couple of things about our main characters..

>>Leah is very inspiring, to say at the least..The fact that she decided to just go away for the summer and regroup is quite a bit admirable, in my opinion..She is a force of nature! I LOVED her reactions..She’s very entertaining and so very real….Her reality and truth really punch you in the gut..Her wound isn’t something we read a lot (at least not me) about. But I would like to congratulate the author this time for pinpointing her trauma that so many other women suffer from, as well. And I think Leah’s term for her situation is actually very accurate! Again, I would like to say more but since it’s not in the Synopsis, I don’t want to give any spoilers..This book deserves to be read properly..

>>Drew Drew…I have many objections and issues with him..He has had a traumatic experience in the past..A horrifying one, actually..So I really get the whole “different outlook of life” he has going on..I even understand him taking more risks and leaving his whole life back..Yeah it was THAT horrifying..It sure does give you perspective! But But But…I believe he has adopted a death wish or a survivor’s guilt or something..Living the way he does, making money the way he does..It would be ok, if he did it for fun..But it’s really not fun to him..More like a game…I understand him taking a U-Turn but everything and everyone should have limits, no matter how he sees life and all that..Anyway..I really liked him towards the few last chapters of the book..Up until then he was quite a bit cocky and a know-it-all, in my opinion..

Drew got better towards the end and but then the story got a whole other dimension and I was ready to get in there and kick someone’s ass repeatedly..That Kevin really brought out the violent version of me…

Of course, when the book ended, I was left speechless and I couldn’t believe the book had come to an end..The more you read the book the more addictive it became, to be honest..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break My Fall.

November 11, 2013 – Started Reading