Becky's Reviews > Reap

Reap by Christina Channelle

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, ya, romance

First off, I received a copy of this story for free in exchange for an honest review.

The book was very mysterious and really did keep me guessing for a long time. I still didn't quite figure it all out until the author finally revealed the secret. She did give you tidbits here and there to keep you interested so you didn't just throw the book out of frustration.

The main character begins the book with no memory and it is told from her POV. The author did OK with this but I felt a couple of times that she slipped. Amy was named before the main character had been introduced to her. Also, if she didn't really remember anything, how can she describe Amy's clothes as being "outrageous" if she has nothing to compare them to? It didn't really hurt the story overall but was just inconsistent for the character.

This is a short story, so it goes quickly. It's also a story that covers quite a few topics: romance, death, etc. in those small number of pages. If a teen or young adult read it, I would recommend discussing it with them.

(view spoiler)

Overall, I would say this author is a very good storyteller. I would be interested to see where her writing talents take her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reap.

Started Reading