Eryn's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

Oct 30, 2009

bookshelves: awesome, breathtaking, read-in-2010, worth-reading-sequel
Recommended to Eryn by: Everybody
Recommended for: ANYONE

Best. Book. Ever. Seriously. You have no idea. You would think that I, being the hater of historical books wouldn't be into Greek Mythology, but let me tell you, ANYONE can be into any subject to love this book. The book was packed with action and overwhelmingly perfect. The narrator, Percy Jackson, made me look at everything differently, then how the story would have went if, oh, say the story was told for Posieden, or Grover. But my thanks don't go to Percy; my thanks go to the phenomenal author, Rick Riordan.

Every single detail made sense in this book. After you read this book, which you HAVE to do, you will have a different perspective on things. I was really impressed with two things in this book:

1) I think it's extremely clever to add the dyslexic and ADHD twist, and especially the reasons.

2) When Percy went to the underworld, I now look at things differently. In one scene, Grover said something about how everybody saw this place differently. And how everyone saw heaven and h**l differently.

Obviously, I really enjoyed this book. And if you don't, you were born funny. No offense. But seriously, READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.

October 30, 2009 – Shelved
February 17, 2010 – Started Reading
February 17, 2010 –
page 64
16.98% "So good! Nobody was lying!! Its AWESOME!"
February 19, 2010 –
page 197
52.25% "This book is AWESOME! Love it! Can't wait to see the movie :D"
February 21, 2010 –
page 272
72.15% "Good book :)"
February 23, 2010 –
page 334
88.59% "Awesome book!! Almost finished! :)"
February 23, 2010 – Shelved as: awesome
February 23, 2010 – Shelved as: breathtaking
February 23, 2010 – Shelved as: read-in-2010
February 23, 2010 – Shelved as: worth-reading-sequel
February 23, 2010 – Finished Reading

Becca AWESOME, ERYN!!!!!! :D TOLD YA SO!!!!!

Eryn Ik its AWESOME!! :D