Lauren Stoolfire's Reviews > Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Nov 10, 2013

bookshelves: young-adult, mystery, lore-and-legends, lgbtq, fantasy, adventure

For the first time, Blue has found her place and a group of friends she can trust. She's one of The Raven Boys now - their problems are hers and her problems are theirs. However, things that have been found can easily be lost. Friends can betray, mothers can disappear, visions can mislead, and certainties can unravel.

Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite authors. She is so fantastic - I should give everything she writes five stars on principle. Regardless, she always earns each and every star and Blue Lily, Lily Blue is no exception.

While this story is based in mythology, the characters do most of the heavy lifting. The first book in the series was Adam's, the second was Ronan's, and this one is definitely Blue's story. All of the characters in this series are well-written and defined. The characters have matured in their own way over the course of the series, which we can see most in Adam. Gansey and Ronan are my two favorite characters by far and each have moments in this installment. Understandably, I'm very nervous for Gansey (and Noah) in the upcoming final book, The Raven King.

Stiefvater's writing is brilliant and lyrical as always. I need The Raven King - March 1st, 2016 cannot arrive soon enough! If you haven't read this series yet, I can't recommend it enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

November 10, 2013 – Shelved
June 27, 2015 – Shelved as: lgbtq
June 27, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy
June 27, 2015 – Shelved as: adventure
June 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

Karen Nice review, Lauren! :)

Lauren Stoolfire Karen wrote: "Nice review, Lauren! :)"

Thank you!

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Lopez Very eloquent, I liked it.

Lauren Stoolfire Lucy wrote: "Very eloquent, I liked it."

Thank you!