Kim's Reviews > Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik

1119495
Oct 29, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, nest-fbc-2009

** spoiler alert ** I was very surprised by this book. I thought, due to it's title, that it would be chick lit and I never imagined it would cover some of the serious topics it did, including Faith's childhood, her son being gay, Grants lover getting AIDS, Slip getting cancer and her brother going to Vietnam and returning very unstable due to what he saw, Merit's abusive husband and the list goes on. It was so different from what I thought and I loved it.

I couldn't keep up with the changing point of views, I had a hard time remembering who's sections were narrated in the first person but towards the end I stopped trying to figure it out and just read.

Since it spanned the course of 3 decades I was surprised that the big gap in years did not bother me like it did in Queen of the Big Time. Ms. Landvik had a way of skipping time but making it feel like you experienced everything in the years skipped even though she didn't write about them.

I fell in love with Audrey, Kari, Slip and Faith and I could totally imagine them sitting around discussing books.

This was a fantastic read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons.