Annabelle's Reviews > This Lullaby

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

bookshelves: ya-contemporary

Let me begin yet another Dessen review on a high note: Remy Starr is officially my favorite Dessen girl, hands down. She actually actively took part in what happened around her, making her mistakes big and bold and beautiful. Her cynical rants immediately captured my heart and her wit and vulnerability sealed the deal. I just got her.
I also fell in love with Dexter from the moment he appeared on the page. His charm and all around adorable-ness made me want to reach into the story and pull him out. The way him and Remy clicked was somehow both magical and real and their playful interactions had me smiling and laughing out loud. The book in general was a perfect blend of laughter and tears; most scenes had me in one or the other.
Sure, the break-up-then-quick-make-up was alive and kicking, but either it simply worked better here because I was already smitten with the love story, or I'm just becoming immune to Dessen's signature moves.
Either way, the novel was sweet and enjoyable and my one complaint is that the actual plot surrounding the characters and their greatness was slightly lacking. And of course there can never be enough Remy/Dexter. This will most likely not stop me from picking up yet another Dessen book in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Lullaby.

Finished Reading
October 28, 2009 – Shelved
page 31
8.99% "rum and coke dessen girl? i'm appalled. and impressed."
page 43
12.46% "omg i think i love this girl"
page 103
29.86% "really love her"
page 118
34.2% "love him too. omg <3"
page 235
68.12% "ugh. dessen, why must you torment me so."
March 25, 2011 – Shelved as: ya-contemporary

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Heather You aren't liking this one? I loved Dexter :)

Annabelle Heather wrote: "You aren't liking this one? I loved Dexter :)"

Best Dessen book so far. And Dexter is definitely my favorite Dessen boy. :)

Heather Yes, I feel the same. This is my favorite Dessen book as well and Dexter is by far my favorite Dessen boy.