Christine Riccio's Reviews > Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

bookshelves: to-read

This is more of a 4.5 stars for me! I really enjoyed this book, I loved the way it was written, the flashback triggers, and the cool scrapbook aspect to it. The story was just a little less cute and a little more emotional/sad than I wanted it to be. I picked this up right after TFioS thinking it'd be all rainbows and sunshine to help pull me out of the sad state that book had thrown me into. Then when things got better for Amy I was so happy but then before I knew it the book was over. This happens to me so much with contemporaries. I JUST ALWAYS WANT THEM TO BE LONGER. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour.

November 8, 2013 – Shelved
November 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
March 5, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Ariel Ooo, yeah, this is such a great book but it's not a "happy contemporary". I'm glad you liked it though!
(Did I recommend this to you? I know I endorsed it but was I the reason you picked it up? Because if so I'm 3/3! :P)

message 2: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie A If you want a long contemporary, pick the miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily danforth.

Kezia Kho I just finished this too today! Can't wait to watch your booktalk :)

Rose Orquiza I really like this book too :)

Amanda One of my all-time favorite books, it just has that special something to it! So many great song recommendations in it as well :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I like this book it has a certain element of being real but also better than reality

C.K. Lynne I love book road trips!

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Random Recommendation: the Book Thief

message 9: by Oliver (new) - added it

Oliver yes READ THE BOOK THIEF

message 10: by Edward J. (new) - added it

Edward J. DeBrae Are you going to do a booktalk about Amy and Roger's?