Katie's Reviews > Man's Search for Meaning

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl

Nov 08, 2013

bookshelves: my-favorites, best-in-self-help

Second reading-November 2014: Just as good as the first time, but easier to follow this time. I'll probably read this every year. It's an excellent reminder of what's important and how to re-frame my thoughts away from trivial things (which spending too much time thinking about inevitably results in unhappiness) and toward meaningful things (which, when focused on, happiness can ensue).

First reading-October 2013: This was a wonderful book. So well written and the story is incredible. Very thought provoking. I think I may need to reread the section on logotherapy, my psychoanalysis vocabulary is a little rusty, and there were a few passages I may need to study to really get it. I love his view of life and how to be happy we must find meaning. My favorite aspect is the idea that every man's meaning is different and no one can declare "_____ is the meaning of life for every person on earth" I truly believe in the individual and so of course that would mean that the meaning of life is an individual thing. This trick is finding our own meaning, which is not so easy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man's Search for Meaning.

November 8, 2013 – Shelved