Anissa's Reviews > Petals on the Pillow

Petals on the Pillow by Eileen Rendahl

it was ok
bookshelves: romance, 2013

I admit it. I was taken by the setting of this one. A manor house on an island off the coast of the Pacific Northwest & some dark mystery with And so I endured the insta-love (way too deep feelings when Kelly hadn't even been at Hawk Manor for 48 hours) & the predictability of this book (Kendra... who didn't see that coming? & so many other things that I won't spoil here). I liked the relationship between Kelly & Betsy & that Kelly was an artist. In general, her character had a pretty good personality & decent dialog & good interaction with the other characters but since this is much more a romance, the relationship with Harrision figures in more heavily & he's predictably, a brooding jerk too. As believing & being swept away is a major part of making a romance enjoyable, I didn't much enjoy this one. It's hard to love it when you don't much like the object of the heroine's affection. The editing was well done & I saw no typos. It was simply ok as a weekend read but I'm glad that I finally got to it on my Kindle (it had been waiting in my TBR for months.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Petals on the Pillow.

November 8, 2013 – Started Reading